Every year Lebanon nominates one Student Athlete for the IHSAA Eugene Cato Scholarship. This is a very prestigious scholarship that goes to 13 senior student athletes in the state that are not receiving full ride athletic/academic scholarships. The criteria information is below however, no student can apply online. They need to turn in the attached application filled out to the Athletic Office by Monday, Jan 18th. Please provide this information to any senior who you fell may be interested and qualifies. Please keep in mind past winners have a very high academic GPA and are extremely successful in probably more than one sport. We have had past winners but no one in the last few years. Thanks
– During the 2018-19 school year, the student must be enrolled and participating in interscholastic athletics at an IHSAA member school.
– The student must be a senior at the IHSAA member school who will graduate during the school year in which the award is being applied for.
– The student must have won a varsity letter as an athlete in at least one of the 21 IHSAA-sanctioned athletic programs.
– The student must be nominated by the principal or athletic director.
– The student must have a minimum of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent.
– The student must have no violations of his/her school’s athletic code of conduct.